Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quick Skin Fact

Hello! Things are pretty busy at school these days. I'm studying for an anatomy and physiology test, plus working on clients. Last weekend I went to an International Skin Conference in Dallas and this weekend I'm going to a PCA chemical peel class in San Antonio. It's all fascinating, but can actually be a bit overwhelming. It seems that every company, esthetician and doctor have their own philosophy about what works and what doesn't. I'm trying to wade through it all and decide for myself.

I really need to study for this upcoming test, but wanted to post a skin fact I learned at the conference last weekend:

When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red. Your cheeks and stomach lining have the same type of blood vessels - cutaneous resistance vessels - that get rosy in reaction to increased blood pressure.

This tidbit really echoed what I took away from the conference. The physical things we can see on our skin can be a reflection of something going on in our bodies. Take this into consideration as you examine your face in the morning. Could it be related if you're constipated AND you're breaking out? It's something to consider. The more I learn about our skin, the more I realize we need to treat our entire bodies because it's all obviously connected.

1 comment:

  1. What?!?! Really?!?! That IS fascinating! Keep up the good work Holls! I'm learning so much from you! Hopefully I CAN'T repay the service someday by offering advice on speech and language delays! LOL

    ReplyDelete